Sam Houston State University (SHSU) invites applications and nominations for the University Registrar. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Registrar leads a dedicated team of professionals who provide outstanding student support services, partner with colleagues to deliver the curriculum, and ensure the integrity and privacy of student records.
Founded in 1879, Sam Houston State University is one of seven institutions in the Texas State University System and the third oldest university in Texas. Located on a 316-acre main campus in Huntsville, Texas, with nearby campuses in The Woodlands and Conroe that offer baccalaureate and graduate degrees, SHSU serves a diverse student body of over 21,800 through traditional face-to-face and online courses. SHSU offers 95 bachelor’s degree programs, more than 60 master’s degree programs, 10 doctoral programs, 1 professional doctorate (DO), and nearly 50 fully online degrees.
SHSU’s geographic location combines small town charm, historical importance, nature experiences, and proximity to the greater Houston area. It is centrally located between Houston and Dallas and nestled in the Piney Woods. Huntsville offers an array of outdoor activities and hometown hospitality, from culture and creativity to arts, performances, and natural parks. Small town appeal, historical distinction, its natural setting, and attractions in nearby Houston, make Huntsville a great place to live and work.
Named as a Best College to Work for (Chronicle of Higher Education, 2018), SHSU is acknowledged for its facilities, workspace/security, and work/life balance.
A full description of the position, including qualifications and instructions on the application process can be found at the SHSU human resources employment site. For more information about SHSU, please see this fact sheet.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years progressively responsible supervisory experience in a registrar’s office (office of records and registration) at a college or university.
- Experience in student information systems (Banner), Degree Works, Ad Astra, as well as knowledge of state and federal reporting guidelines, and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Additional education may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Consult with administrators, students, state and federal agencies, other college University administrators and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- The ability to analyze course prerequisites, certifications, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- The ability to manage and oversee the fiscal affairs of the department, including budget development and priorities, exercising direct fiscal control over approved budget.
- Supervisory skills, adept in staff training, and providing resources to contribute to overall department staff professional development.
- Effective speaking and written communication skills.
- Proven management and organizational skills.
The position will remain open until filled, but only applications received by February 21, 2022 can be assured full consideration.
Please apply through the SHSU employment portal: https://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/29956
A completed application will include the following:
- A cover letter addressing the qualifications and specifications above
- A resume
- Optional: up to three (3) letters of recommendation
Nominations and Further Inquiries
Nominations and inquiries are welcome. SHSU is working with Academic Search. Please send nominations or inquiries to Stacey Morgan Foster, JD, Senior Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-free Workplace.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.