Southern University at New Orleans invites applications and nominations for the Founding Chair of Nursing.
Southern University at New Orleans is a growing dynamic member of the Southern University System. In light of the shortage of nurses, and that many qualified applicants to existing bachelor of science nursing programs are turned away each year because of a lack of capacity, Southern University at New Orleans (SUNO) has received approval of its letter of intent and feasibility study from the Louisiana Board of Nursing to create a new Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This program is preparing to enroll the inaugural class for the Fall 2022 Term.
The Founding Chair of Nursing for this Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is a 12-month administrative position with faculty status. The Chair will report directly to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and will provide day-to-day oversight for operations of this new undergraduate program.
- Earned Doctorate in Nursing or a related field from a regionally accredited institution. A Master’s degree in Nursing degree is required if the doctoral degree is not in nursing.
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in Nursing higher education.
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience at the undergraduate level or above.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in clinical practice.
- Possess an unencumbered license as RN in Louisiana or be eligible for the same.
Application and Nomination Process
The university is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. Applications should consist of a substantive cover letter, a curriculum vitae, and a list of five professional references with full contact information. References will not be contacted without the explicit permission of the candidate. Applications, nominations, and expressions of interest can be submitted electronically, and in confidence, to: SUNONursing@academicsearch.org.
Confidential discussions about this opportunity may be arranged by contacting senior consultant John W. Garland (firstname.lastname@example.org). The position is open until filled, but only applications received by April 22, 2022 can be assured full consideration.