Augustana College announces the search for its next provost and vice president of academic affairs. Located in Rock Island, Illinois, Augustana College is a private, selective, residential college serving 2,500 mostly undergraduate students. This position affords an exceptional opportunity to help lead a campus with a proud history and outstanding reputation for integrating a strong liberal arts and pre-professional education with purpose, inspiring students to lead and serve their professions and their communities. The successful candidate will join a new president and be part of a team setting a bold agenda for Augustana’s future.
The new provost/vice president will:
- Possess excellent communication and listening skills, deep intellectual curiosity, a creative spirit, inner strength and stamina, an approachable and engaging demeanor, and the desire to be a visible presence on campus and in the community.
- Bring a track record of success in promoting equity and inclusion.
- Exhibit an excellent record as an advocate for the academic affairs division and an outstanding partner and colleague across divisions.
- Display the ability to inspire others to achieve goals with the sense of urgency needed in today’s higher education environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to shared governance and the collaborative, consultative, transparent decision-making traditional at Augustana, and bring the experience needed to help faculty govern their affairs with efficiency and fairness.
Applications, nominations, and expressions of interest can be submitted in confidence to AugustanaProvost@academicsearch.org. Nominations should include the nominee’s full name, position, institution/organization, and email address. While applications will be accepted until the position is filled, only those received by January 4, 2023, can be assured full consideration.
Applications should consist of the following three documents, to be submitted electronically in .pdf format:
- Substantive cover letter addressing the qualifications and expectations listed above;
- Curriculum vitae;
- List of five professional references with contact information and a note indicating the nature of your working relationships with each. Please note, references will not be contacted without the explicit permission of the candidate.
Confidential conversations about this opportunity may be arranged by contacting Senior Consultant Sharon Herzberger at Sharon.Herzberger@academicsearch.org.