Vice President for Enrollment Management
Application deadline: January 23, 2023
Senior Consultant: Wanda Bigham
Associate Consultant: Marcie Mikolay
The President of Wilkes University, Dr. Greg Cant, and the Search Committee invite applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM).
The Vice President for Enrollment Management provides vision, leadership, and support in advancing the overall enrollment goals of the university and oversees the departments of undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions, enrollment services, and student financial services. The VPEM works collaboratively with University constituencies to develop comprehensive strategic and tactical enrollment management plans. In addition to focusing on the recruitment of new students, the Vice President will also partner in the development and implementation of an effective retention and student success program. As a member of the President’s Senior Leadership Team and Cabinet, the Vice President will collaborate with other senior administrators in strategic planning across the institution.
The VPEM reports directly to the President and provides leadership, supervision, and guidance to the Executive Director of Admissions (undergraduate and graduate), Director of Enrollment Processing, and Executive Director of Student Financial Services.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Progressively responsible and successful experience in strategic enrollment management, including significant experience with current best practices in enrollment management and student financial services.
- Knowledge of federal, state and institutional financial aid programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with the daily operations of the areas of enrollment management and financial aid.
- Knowledge of and experience with current and emerging technology related to recruitment and financial aid.
- Knowledge of and experience with interpretation and utilization of outcome data associated with enrollment management and financial aid.
- Dynamic leader with the ability to gain consensus and lead a strong, talented team.
- Strong commitment to a team approach to fostering effective and collaborative work relationships with all areas of the University.
- Demonstrated ability to foster an environment that promotes innovation and embraces change focused on quality and student success.
- Record of success in increasing student enrollment.
- Experience in developing, organizing, and administering fiscally responsible budgets, financial forecasts, and reports.
- Strong communication, problem solving, interpersonal and mediation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, select, motivate, develop, and retain a diverse, high caliber team.
- Ability to generate insights, alternatives and opportunities for new and effective student support service programs.
Complete details on this opportunity can be found in the position profile located HERE.
APPLICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS
Academic Search, Inc., is partnering with Wilkes University in this national search. Nominators and prospective candidates may arrange a confidential discussion about this opportunity with Dr. Wanda Bigham, Senior Consultant, at email@example.com or by calling 334-425-6865.
To apply, a candidate should submit: 1) a detailed letter of interest addressing the required qualifications and the principal accountabilities as outlined in this profile; 2) a CV with relevant information about educational background, administrative experience, responsibilities, and accomplishments; and 3) a list of five professional references, including names, phone numbers, and email addresses, noting the candidate’s relationship with each person. References will not be contacted until later in the search process and only with the candidate’s permission. Please email the letter of application and materials in PDF to VPEMWilkes@academicsearch.org.
The position is open until filled but only applications received by January 23, 2023, can be assured of full consideration by the Search Committee. Additional information about the institution may be found at www.wilkes.edu.
Wilkes University is committed to providing a welcoming environment for all members of our community and to ensuring that all educational and employment decisions are based on individuals’ abilities and qualifications. Wilkes University prohibits discrimination in its educational programs, employment, admissions or any activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.