Established as a standalone university in 2009, Texas A&M University-San Antonio (A&M-San Antonio) is a comprehensive four-year public university that reflects the culturally diverse, heritage-rich community it serves. Situated on nearly 700 acres in South San Antonio, A&M-SA is a Military Embracing institution offering nearly 40 undergraduate and graduate programs to nearly 6,700 students.
A&M-San Antonio, an HSI, is quickly expanding to fill its campus grounds in South San Antonio. Due to the rapid growth, the University’s footprint is transforming with Esperanza Hall, the first residence hall having opened in fall 2017, the Science & Technology Building, which opened in spring 2018 and the construction of a new classroom building, slated to open in fall 2020. The university will launch intercollegiate athletics Fall 2020.
The University’s core values of “Excellence, Student Focused, Audacious, Opportunity and Collaborative” provide a foundation for its world-class faculty to inspire graduates to be lifelong learners and responsible global citizens. A&M-San Antonio will continue growing as an economic and social catalyst while becoming nationally recognized for student and academic success.
The inaugural Executive Director of Advancement, reporting to the Vice President for Advancement and External Relations, provides leadership, strategy, assessment, and fiscal and administrative oversight of the Texas A&M University-San Antonio Advancement operation. A member of the division’s senior leadership team, the Executive Director brings an entrepreneurial spirit to evolving the institution’s donor cultivation and stewardship strategies including major gifts, corporations and foundations relations, alumni engagement, planned giving, advancement services and prospect research – aligned with the institution’s strategic plan, initiatives and priorities. In addition to managing a newly-formed advancement team, the executive director influences an institutional culture of philanthropy to effectively integrate operations within a strategic, complex, and evolving fundraising model as the university develops a comprehensive advancement operation, advise academic and administrative leadership and lead a development staff.
The Executive Director has the opportunity to hire and build a staff including positions in Alumni Engagement, Development Officers, and a Database Administrator/ Prospect Researcher.
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in a related field welcome;
• Record of managing fundraising operations and advancement staff in higher education or similar experience in a complex organization; thorough knowledge of current fundraising techniques. Ten years of related experience is required.
• Understanding of contemporary philanthropy best practices and demonstrated ability of effectively integrating functions to develop proposals, case statements and donor cultivation models and related advancement and donor software platforms.
• Experience integrating operations within a strategic, complex, and evolving fundraising model as the university develops a comprehensive advancement operation, advise academic and administrative leadership and lead a development staff and demonstrated experience in the use of fundraising platforms in the use of donor cultivation and stewardship, data capture and assessment.
• Knowledge of fundraising techniques, tax laws pertaining to gifts/donations, and grant availability raising techniques.
• Knowledge of higher education and/or nonprofit environments, trends and resources.
• Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others; effectively communicate with diverse audiences and groups, internally and externally; excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple platforms; planning, leadership, teamwork and organizational skills.
The search is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. For best consideration applications should be received by January 31, 2020. Applications should be emailed to TAMUSA@academicsearch.org and should include the following documents:
1) Cover letter explaining how your experience aligns with the qualifications and experience needed in the role.
3) List of 5 professional reference with telephone and email contact information for each
Confidential discussions and information regarding this opportunity may be arranged by contacting Dr. Jack Ohle at email@example.com or 507-469-5541.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.