The Board of Trustees, through its Presidential Search Committee, invites inquiries, nominations, and applications for the position of President of United Lutheran Seminary. The Seminary seeks an exceptional leader who will bring demonstrated success in senior-level leadership that includes management of a substantial and complex organization, along with a deep understanding of and appreciation for theological and seminary education. It is expected that the new president of United Lutheran Seminary will take office no later than July 1, 2020.
ULS is seeking the following in its next president:
- Commitment to the Gospel and living it out authentically
- Doctorate (Ph.D., terminal degree, or equivalent experience in higher education and public theology)
- Deep involvement in the life and ministry of the ELCA
ULS ideally seeks a leader with the following characteristics:
- Ability to bring the ULS community together in common purpose and cause
- Capacity for engaging the ULS community in enacting a vision for the future
- Skilled in business, administration and communication
- Excellent Relational/Interpersonal abilities with multiple diverse constituencies (including students, faculty, staff, community, and other stake holders)
- Demonstrated success in strengthening diversity and inclusion
- Respect for uniqueness and history of ULS in a time of dynamic change
- Demonstrated results in advancement/development
- Demonstrated ecumenical experience and the ability to work with ecumenical and interfaith partners
The full search profile can be found at https://academicsearch.org/open-searches-public/.
The search is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. Applicants should send a letter of interest, current résumé, and full contact information for three references no later than March 15, 2020 to be considered to: ULSPresident@academicsearch.org. For a confidential discussion, nomination and additional information regarding this opportunity please email ULSPresident@academicsearch.org to set a mutually convenient time for a call.