The University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK) seeks a collaborative and innovative leader to serve as Director, Undergraduate Admissions. The successful candidate will lead the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, both in its strategic direction and its complex daily operations using exceptional leadership and supervisory skills. As part of the leadership team in the division of Enrollment Management and Marketing, the director’s primary objective is to increase undergraduate enrollment within a holistic and strategic vision of the integrated Strategic Enrollment Plan.
UNK is seeking qualified candidates who are seasoned in admissions functions; capable of stepping into a high-profile leadership role at a premier regional institution; and are inspirational, motivational, and results-oriented.
Complete details on the position responsibilities and leadership attributes can be found by viewing the position profile at https://academicsearch.org/open-searches-public/.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) years of experience in higher education admission environment, including increasingly complex responsibility in a leadership position.
- Experience with recruitment and a proven track record of success with strategic recruitment of targeted markets.
- Experience with enrollment technology, data management and digital marketing, including utilizing customer relationship management platforms.
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education or Related Field.
- Possess a sophisticated understanding of the applications of technology to the functions of the Office of Admissions (e.g., Salesforce, Peoplesoft, ImageNow).
- Ability to investigate best practices via involvement with state, regional, and/or national organizations (e.g., NACAC, AACRAO).
The University of Nebraska at Kearney is being assisted in this search by Academic Search, Inc. Nominations, applications, and inquiries may be sent in complete confidence. The position is open until filled but only applications received by November 19, 2020 can be assured full consideration. Application materials, to include (1) a letter of interest; (2) curriculum vitae; and (3) the contact information for five references (who will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission), must be submitted electronically to: UNKAdmissions@academicsearch.org.
Nominators and prospective candidates also may arrange a confidential conversation about this opportunity with Nancy D. Suttenfield.
The University of Nebraska at Kearney is an equal opportunity employer/veterans/disabled.