HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, and its first and largest community college, seeks a new Vice President for Human Resources and Organizational Development who will plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the College’s human resource functions, including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, employee recognition, professional development, succession planning, employee health and safety, wellness, labor relations, classification, compensation, benefits, talent acquisition and human resources information system administration. As an active member of the President’s Cabinet, as well as a key executive partner and coach, the VP is tasked with facilitating strategic planning and initiatives, change management, and organizational design. This is inclusive of leadership, employee deployment, and the securing of the future College growth with a focus on talent, the College’s culture and a deep understanding of changes within the higher education landscape. Participation is expected in the development of the College’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, keeping in focus impacts on employees and ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. They will be successful in advancing diversity and inclusion, including creating advancement opportunities for underrepresented groups. The incumbent continually formulates effective human resource strategies, policies, procedures, programs, and services through collaboration with the President and Cabinet and the many constituencies within the College.
HACC currently serves more than 15,350 degree-seeking students and more than 4,100 remedial and workforce development students and has graduated over 100,000 alumni. The 2019-22 Strategic Plan – One College, Uniting for Success –guides the College in an ongoing transformation to better serve students, employees and our communities. HACC offers approximately 100 programs and awards including an Associate in Arts (AA), an Associate in Science (AS), an Associate in Fine Arts (AFA), an Associate in Applied Science (AAS), Certificates of Proficiency, and Diplomas. For more information about the College, please visit www.hacc.edu.
Harrisburg, PA, is one of the top 10 best cities to live, work and play according to realtor.com. Named for its affordable housing, low unemployment rate, and many extracurricular opportunities, Harrisburg is centrally located to Philadelphia (1.5 hours), Pittsburgh (2 hours), Washington DC (2 hours), Baltimore (1.5 hours) and New York City (3 hours). Meanwhile access to the mountains, forests, amusement parks, camping, culture, and even the ocean are all within 1-3 hour drive. Harrisburg is ranked Best Place to Live in Pennsylvania, and 44th in the Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report.
Minimum requirements include a master’s degree and eight years of human resources experience, including 5 years supervisory/management experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Demonstrated success navigating in a complex setting and developing cooperative working relationships with other individuals, groups and organizations is expected.
The Vice President will serve as an advisor to the President and College leadership regarding human resource issues across the College while providing a deep understanding of long-range human resources trends and their impact on the College’s future growth. Additionally, the VP will:
- Identify and develop key performance indicators (KPIs) for the College’s human resources functions as they relate to the strategic plan.
- Play an analytical role to monitor, analyze and identify strategic needs, gaps, and risks.
- As a strategic business advisor, evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs, strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the College.
- Oversee and assess staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the College for positions of responsibility.
- Oversee and assess strategies related to labor relations, compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and College partnership for the short and long range health and welfare protection of the employees.
- In collaboration with the vice president of inclusion and diversity, assist in the development of formal employee diversity recruitment efforts; ensure employee hiring, development and retention initiatives are free from bias; promote diversity and cultural competence within the performance management system; and monitor employee demographic advancement.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general College business.
- Develop appropriate policies and procedures for effective management of the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the College’s human resources, workers’ compensation, unemployment programs.
- Work with management to oversee organizational development and structure, employee relations and culture building, and communication.
- Travel to all campuses and to the external College community is required; presentations and public speaking required.
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College is being assisted by Academic Search. Confidential discussions, inquiries, and nominations may be arranged by contacting Ms. Kate Nolde, Senior Consultant at Kate.email@example.com.
Applications should be submitted at:
http://careers.hacc.edu/cw/en-us/job/492594/vice-president-human-resources-and-organizational-development. For full consideration by the search committee, applications should be submitted by March 14, 2021.