The Board of Trustees of Antioch College invites applications and nominations for its next president. Antioch College seeks a leader with a genuine commitment to social justice as well as excellent skills as a manager and entrepreneur. Antioch’s next president must be dynamic and engaging and will demonstrate an appreciation of collaborative values and of shared governance. Antioch College is rooted in student engagement at all levels and through its groundbreaking co-operative education program and shared governance structure, prepares students who are innovators and who are ready to meet the challenges of today and of times to come. The next president will need to possess energy, passion, good humor and a dedication to collaborative processes that serve and respond to the greater community.
The next president will play a pivotal role in the future of Antioch College to include, the development and implementation of a sustainable financial model and a budget that is equitable and in line with Antioch’s mission and social justice commitments. To include:
- Increasing and maintaining the annual budget;
- Developing new forms of programming with a healthy financial base;
- Growing and diversifying current revenue streams.
A full description of the position, including a leadership agenda, desired qualifications and instructions on the application process can be found in the position profile: https://academicsearch.org/open-searches-public/
Qualifications and Qualities
- Demonstrated experience and success in fundraising, endowment development, capital campaigns, foundation building, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership background and seven to ten years of leadership experience in areas, such as public service, civic engagement, social justice, and higher education.
- Demonstrated human relations skills, including professionally relating to and connecting with people from diverse backgrounds, such as different races and ethnicities, genders and gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, classes, intellectual and physical abilities, and citizenship statuses.
- Higher education leadership experience is preferred, as is a leadership background that includes experiences in social justice, which is a foundation of Antioch’s shared governance model.
- Demonstrated history of involvement in volunteer, social justice, or community service engagements.
- A terminal degree is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills, including active listening, empathetic messaging, and a sense of humor.
The search is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. Confidential discussions about this opportunity may be arranged by contacting John Garland, a Senior Consultant with Academic Search, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations and application materials should be sent to AntiochPresident@academicsearch.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and those received by May 28, 2021 are assured full consideration.