California State University, San Bernardino invites applications and nominations for the Dean of the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration. Reporting directly to Dr. Shari McMahan (Provost/ Vice President for Academic Affairs), the dean is expected to assume office in July 2022 (or earlier).
The Dean serves as the chief academic, fiscal and administrative officer for the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration. The next Dean will find an innovative, engaged and inclusive community of faculty, staff and students poised to respond to emerging regional, national and global business and policy issues. The College enjoys a well-deserved reputation for developing talented business leaders.
A full description of the position, including desired qualifications and instructions on the application process can be found in the position profile: https://academicsearch.org/open-searches-public/
- Earned terminal degree
- A record of excellent teaching, scholarship and service, consistent with eligibility for appointment at the rank of Professor
- Five years of progressively responsible leadership experience in academic administration
- Experience with national accreditation for business colleges (AACSB)
- Commitment to academic excellence and the ability to work with college leadership and faculty to develop, articulate and implement a constructive vision for the college
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen to diverse stakeholders and collaboratively chart a path together toward a shared vision
- Evidence of a strong commitment to effectively engage and work with a diverse student population, many of whom are first-generation and/or come from underrepresented groups
- Understanding of best practices at the college level of student success and enrollment programs
- Commitment to shared governance in a collective bargaining environment
- Familiarity with college-level budget and management operations
- Ability to use data and assessment to inform decision making
- Interest in and support for faculty in developing programs that respond to emerging business leadership priorities
Desired Experience and Attributes
- Experience at the associate dean or dean level within a college
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting and resource allocation in expanding and contracting budget environments
- Successful record of community engagement and fundraising with donors, foundations and public organizations
- Experience with a collective bargaining faculty unit
Procedure for Candidacy
California State University, San Bernardino is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. Prospective candidates and nominators may arrange a confidential discussion with senior consultant Stacey Morgan Foster, J.D., at email@example.com. For additional information about CSUSB, please visit California State University, San Bernardino | CSUSB.
Applications should be submitted electronically per the application instructions detailed in the position profile. This position is open until filled, but only applications received by October 12, 2021 can be assured full consideration.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)